Nomination Phase - Students, parents, teachers, school staff, administrators, and community members are encouraged to nominate teachers or teams of teachers currently working in participating Partners in Education public and private schools from Greater Green Bay. Nominations are open for four weeks.
Application Phase – Each participating school is presented with its nominees. School staff select which nominee(s) move forward in the process to represent their school. All school-selected nominee(s) are then informed of their nomination and invited to apply for the award. Applications are collected over a two-week time frame.
De-Biasing Phase - All applications are reviewed and any identifying information is blacked out. Names, employers, or other identifying information are always removed without compromising the integrity of the application.
Screening Phase - Each application is independently read and scored by community volunteers three (3) times. The average of the scores is used to identify the top Teachers of Distinction and top Teacher Teams of Distinction, who then move on to the judging phase.
Judging Phase - A new team of judges, made up of event sponsors, view and score each video submission. Each video is viewed by each judge independently. Through deliberation and the scoring averages, eight individuals and/or teams are selected as the Golden Apple recipients.
Eligibility & Qualifications
- Teachers or a team of teachers currently working in participating Partners in Education public and private schools (Early Childhood, Pre-K, and Grades 1-12) in Greater Green Bay.
- Must be a Certified Classroom Educator(s).
- Previous recipients of Golden Apple are not eligible to apply.
- If selected as a recipient, you must agree to be profiled in a local media outlet, shown in a video at the Awards event, and showcased on the Chamber website and social channels.
- We reserve the right to contact your supervisor during the selection process.
- Must provide responses to all application questions.