Partners in Education, coordinated by the Greater Green Bay Chamber, convenes leaders from businesses, post-secondary and K-12 institutions and community organizations to ensure learners attain knowledge, skills and values to be successful in their personal, professional and community lives. Our mission is to be the lead organization for identifying, developing and supporting education & business partnerships within Greater Green Bay to help all learners prepare for productive community life and strengthen the economic vitality of the region. We have prioritized the following three initiatives:
1. ParentAL Engagement
- Students struggle to determine their career pathway resulting in large numbers of undeclared students entering post-secondary institutions, taking longer to graduate and get into the workforce.
- Parents are not engaged or don’t know how to help their children with academic and career planning and businesses can engage parents.
- Young employees lack the life skills needed to be successful in the workplace and community.
- Businesses can provide career planning resources to employees to aid children’s decision-making process.
What We Are Doing
- Building resources for parents to help their child(ren) with academic and career planning.
- Teaching parents at their worksites about the resources and tools.
- Creating videos to promote awareness of resources and to engage parents.
- Engaged parents having conversations with their children about their future career and life pathway.
- Parents utilizing the tools and resources with their children.
- Students create a plan about their future.
2. Equity in K-12 Public School Funding/declaration of interdependence
SIGN THE DECLARATION OF INTERDEPENDENCE
- The current funding formula is outdated, confusing and inequitable.
- Students are our future workforce.
- The working population is aging – the traditional working-age population will only grow by 0.1% by 2040. Retirement age will nearly double by 2040. (Population estimate from Department of Administration).
What We Are Doing
- Informing the business community regarding the school funding formula
- Creating educational videos to teach citizens how schools are funded
- Working with lawmakers to streamline and modernize the school funding formula
- Equitable and transparent funding formula to ensure all students' needs are met no matter the school district, income level or special needs including ELL and mental health concerns.
- Students have access to modern education and graduate from the K-12 system that is college, career and community ready.
3. Golden Apple Experience celebrating Educational Excellence
- This was the first major initiative for Partners in Education, beginning in 1993.
- Education is foundational to workplace and community opportunity.
- Teachers have a direct impact on our future workforce both in curriculum success and life skill development such as communication, accountability, emotional intelligence and innovation.
What We Are Doing
- Thanking all certified teachers in the Greater Green Bay area for the impact they make each and every day on their students, who are the future of our businesses and community.
- Recognizing and rewarding outstanding and quality teachers in the Greater Green Bay area.
- Convening the community by organizing an elegant event recognizing our exceptional teachers.
- Heightened community awareness of the influence teachers have on the impact of the businesses and community.
To learn more about Partners in Education, become involved or become an investor, contact Eric VandenHeuvel at 920.593.3412 or firstname.lastname@example.org.